Friday 19 October 2012

London and procrastination

Ok so the last London post took 3 days to actually upload cos the wifi in my hostel was pretty darn shite! But here is the rest of what I got up to :)

Saturday I met my sister in central London and we made our way up to Chingford to see my cousin in his tattoo studio. This should have been an easy journey but for some reason over half the tube lines were having maintenance done at the weekend so we got 3 tubes, and a bus going in the wrong direction...

Anyway, so the summer before last I was going to take my sister up to London to get a tattoo done but it has taken this long to organise/be brave enough to just get one!

 

Here is mine finished, I did a load of sketches to decide what I wanted, this is the one he designed it from:

Obviously the final one is much neater haha. I am super happy with it, has been driving me a little crazy with itchiness the past couple of days but it seems to be stopping now (yay). After we had both been tattooed we all sat and had a drink and a catch up before we went back to the centre for my sister to get her bus home.

Next day I went to the Tate for the morning to meet my friend Neil who I haven't seen since art foundation. In the end it took him forever to get in (bloody tubes) so I had nearly 4 hours walking around doing crazy drawings from paintings and things. We went to brick lane for the afternoon and walked around going in some hipster galleries and drinking cider in bars with cushions on the floor, all good fun :)

For my last day I went to the Chelsea design showroom in Chelsea harbour. This is basically a giant building with 200 different rooms where you can look at anything from bathrooms to curtains and light fittings.

I spent 2 hours in there marvelling at the insane amount of different fabric there was, so much beautiful stuff!

Since I have been back have been trying to carry on work, doing some more crazy drawings from the crazy drawings I did in London and dissertation reading since I finally decided on a question :)

Pattern design from a sketch I did.

So many books!

 

New glasses! Plastic rims because I was feeling a little hipster at the time haha. Oh yeah and I also got instagram.. Can you tell?

 

1 comment:

  1. I really want to be brave enough to get a tattoo next year - only something tiny but I'm still too scared! Yours looks great though :) have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete