Monday 28 January 2013

Shine Silently Concert

So this weekend was pretty important for me. I have been practising guitar alone in my room for the past 4 months working on my singing and learning new songs to be performed at a concert at the Chapel Arts Centre in Bath. 

The venue is so nice, just big enough, and they had tables out with candles so it was all very beautiful and atmospheric!

The concert was especially important as it was in memory of my Auntie Shirley who died suddenly of a stroke last year. She always did a lot of fundraising for Childrens Hospice South West so all the proceeds from the tickets and raffle are going to them (and we made a very decent amount too!) 

I sang backing with my dad and his band before doing a few songs myself. We then had local artists Sadie Fleming (so smiley, and an amazing voice!) and Johnny Coppin headlining. 

All in all it was an amazing evening, all the family and friends came along and the venue couldn't have fitted any more people! 








And now I have to go and get on with some uni work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment